Position Type: Full Time
Positions Available: 1
Pay: $50,000 -$65,000 per year, depending on experience
Shift Hours: 1st Shift M-F 7AM – 5PM
Summary of Duties:
Actively participates on product and process development projects (APQP process) as the quality representative from the quality function. Interfaces with Process Development, Project Management, Process Engineering, R & D, Tooling, and Manufacturing to provide technical support. Coordinates and audits ISO functions. Maintains quality data bases such as Non-Conforming Material, Corrective Actions, and Inspection Plans.
- Work and maintain a safe and positive environment
- Define controls plans, inspection sampling plans, and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate and drive robust root cause analysis and corrective actions for production problems using tools such as 5 Why, 8D, Fishbone, and other problem-solving techniques.
- Communicates with venders to address process failures.
- Supports QA functions in processing RMA’s, First Article inspections, and FMEA
- Promotes and organizes training activities related to production quality, ISO, and reliability.
- Develop, maintain, and take actions to improve quality metrics such as First Pass Yield, non-conformance trends, and external PPM
- Drive continuous improvement activities throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators such as PPM, Cost of Quality, and First Pass Yield.
- Maintain Federal Firearms License system and paperwork.
- Maintain control of customer documents.
- Organize and perform internal ISO audits.
- Ensure internal ISO processes are up to date and followed by all.
- Maintain the Corrective Action and Continuous Improvement systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Other quality Certifications a plus.
5 to 7 years direct QA/QE experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in a machine shop a plus.
- Blueprint reading and understanding tolerance including GD&T is a must
- Machining knowledge and trouble shooting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MRP and material flow
- Strong math skill including capable of all mathematical functions required to perform SPC
- Organization and punctuality to meet project deadline is a must; self-motivated
- Must be proficient at programming and running all quality equipment such as Oasis, Zeiss CMM, and Hommel.
Physical Demands: Generally, works in an office environment. However, the employee is frequently on plant floor which has moderate noise level.