Position Type: Full Time
Positions Available: 1
Shift Hours: Monday – Friday, 45+ hours/week
Summary of Duties:
Develops and improves manufacturing process, quality plans, tooling, and all documentation for new and existing parts to achieve maximum utilization and efficiency of human, material, and machine assets. Assist with ongoing automation directives and facility process flow. Considers the safety of personnel, equipment, machinery, and the facility. Address and solve manufacturing problems regarding continuous, on-going improvement of process and methods to increase productivity and quality while reducing cost. Work assignments are of moderate variety and complexity with access to technical guidance of more experienced staff and direct supervision.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Design and implement fixtures used in both manufacturing and gauging of production parts
- Maintain engineering paperwork, records, documents, drawing, etc. completely and accurately.
- Evaluate and solve production problems related to mechanized equipment, including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- Participate on and lead cross functional teams
- Address and solve safety issues with engineering solutions
- Lead / participate in corrective actions throughout the facility
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS and Abilities:
- Blueprint reading and understanding tolerancing including GD&T is a must
- Machining knowledge and trouble shooting
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control charts
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of MRP and material flow
- Strong math skill
- Organization and punctuality to meet project deadline is a must; self-motivated
- Be proficient with CAD software such as Inventor and AutoCAD
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates or bachelor’s degree a plus
Experience: The job requires 3+ years of work experience as a high-level machine technician or machinist or has specialized training in the precision metal turning industry.
Physical Demands: Generally works in an office environment. However, the employee is frequently on plant floor which has moderate noise level. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds.