Quality Assurance Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Positions Available: 1
Pay: $17 – $24 – DOE
Shift Hours: 1st shift M-F 7AM – 3:30PM
Summary of Duties: Measures manufactured components to print specifications. Compiles inspection reports for customers. Inspect machining, fabricated, or assembled parts for defects, and deviations from specifications. Will use precision measuring equipment. Supports production and engineering areas. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understand machine operations
- Know and understand the work order process
- Know and apply shop tolerances.
- Set up and use control charts
- Read blueprints and operate micrometers and gauging to inspect all parts with very tight tolerances.
- Visually inspect moderately complex parts.
- Perform first piece inspection layouts.
- Use job files to pull gauging and inspect parts
- Check in and check out gauging and micrometers
- Operate CMM, Hommel, surface testers, optical comparators, bore gauges, indicators, hardness testers, etc.
- Calibrate simple gages
- Perform Incoming Inspections
- Understand sampling plans
- Understand the lot certification process and send documents to customers
- Scan and control Quality documents
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Education Level: Machine tool associates program desired
Experience: Minimum 2 years Quality Control Experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math, read blueprints and operate measuring equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Machining background required
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand for 5 hours. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.